Our Baby Girl's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

August 7, 2009

The Waiting Game...

I hate waiting. I'm not good at it. I'm that person at the red lights chanting to myself reminders to remain patient. I'm keenly aware of this horrible trait I have, but the fact remains I am a horrible waiter.

Guess what I'm doing now? Waiting!

We're one week out from our due date with no immanent signs of Maggie making her appearance anytime soon. Our daughter seems quite comfortable in her current home, regularly moving and dancing around. And while I've loved nearly every bit of pregnancy, the waiting is wearing on me. But waiting we'll do...

At our doctor appointment today we, Maggie and I, both got a clean bill of health. Blood pressure -- great. Heart rate -- great. All is well and we couldn't ask for much more. We've been given the go-ahead to schedule an inducement for Monday, the 17th if we wish. This way it would be on the hospital schedule in case we don't have her next week. But, we'd really prefer not to be induced if at all possible so we won't schedule the appointment and pray nature takes it's course as intended. If we don't deliver by the 17th I'll be given a heart rate monitor and our doctor will let us go up until the 24th. But if she hasn't entered this world by the 24th , inducement it will be.

While we're waiting I remind myself (remember, chanting at red lights) of the upside of a later birth day:
  1. the further we get into August the more likely Mags bday will be after school starts
  2. the longer I postpone starting maternity leave, more of the beautiful fall months I'll have off work

Both good things. Now I'm on to distract myself...

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya! Let me know if you find a good way to distract yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nici! Bret and I had a great chat with Jared the other night! We too are excited to meet Miss Maggie! I mentioned to Jared if you ever need an extra set of hands, dinner or a break please call me! We would love to help! I'll keep watching for any changes across the street!
    Erin Knighton :)
    eknighton@bluevalleyk12.org
    913.9087614

    ReplyDelete