Our Baby Girl's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

December 22, 2009

This Child and That Child

This week of Christmas Maggie will turn 4 months old.  In fact, she'll turn 4 months exactly on her Grandma Linda's birthday. What a wonderful week of celebrations.  We just had Maggie's 4 month appointment and she continues to be a very healthy little girl.

Weight - 16lbs 1oz; 95th percentile
Height - 24.5in; 50th percentile




As I give praise for a healthy child, I also reflect on the Child that was born to bring us peace, and died to give us life. He is the reason we receive such blessings this time of year and always, the reason we'll be with friends and family over the coming days in celebration.  And yet there are still children struggling with disease, abuse and hunger.  Having a child of my own has heightened my sensitivity and compassion for these children.  They are on my heart and I pray for them. I hope they all get to experience a bit of joy this Christmas.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment