Our Baby Girl's Growing Up

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

September 21, 2009

The Importance of Making Lists...

I'll be brief  -- not because I don't have a lot to say, because believe me I do, but because I have a 4-week-old on my lap whom I'm quite certain will start yelling any minute now (oh they're so much easier at 2 weeks!).   I only dare to update this blog, at the risk of having Princess Maggie scream at me, to provide photos for those who have asked and for my husband who keeps reminding me I haven't responded to anyone's request. And one quick revelation I'd like to share...

Making lists is now, more than ever, vital to my well-being.  While I've always been an avid list maker it was usually for the purpose of keeping organized...now it's for the purpose of keeping my sanity.  I've realized in my first month as a first time, full time mommy that I must have a list for which to check things off each day so that at the end of the day I may feel accomplished.  Granted my list has changed quite a bit.

Old List:  change powerpoints, book business trip, plan happy hour
New List:  change pampers, read "Babywise" book, pray for a nap

I literally found myself one day writing on my list "walk and take shower." I did, by the way, get to check that off at the end of the day. Goals accomplished!

Love to all,
Maggie's Mommy

Evidence of Why This Hasn't Been Updated in Weeks:
A Very Tired Mommy and a Very Awake Baby


Oh, Now She Sleeps
Maggie's First Razorback Game...She's Clearly Thrilled


RECENT VISITORS

Aunt Mandy


Aunt Boo


Aunt Sarah


Grandma


Grandpa


Pots


Danny


FAVORITE THINGS

Bath Time -- Maggie's Favorite Time of Day


Maggie's Reading Chair


Maggie's Play Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment